Sunday, August 17, 2008

Timp Summit







Last week I hiked Timp with other members of the bishopric and scouts. Yes, I successfully hauled my very neglected physique up the side of that hill. Some lasting memories of note:

  • reaching camp at Emeral Lake around 1:30am

  • succesfully occupying a 2-man tent with 3 grown men (mesquitos were a horrible incentive) - something similar to the popular circus act of stuffing clowns into a VW bug!

  • wishing I had brought my red spray paint to rectify the wrongs performed on the summit shack by a fan from the school down south - disgraceful!!!

  • secretly hoping to see a mountain goat take a fall purely in an attempt to satisfy my curiosity as to if it would land on it's feet

  • watching a LifeFlite pick-up an injured hiker and wondering what I could do to get myself on that helicopter



It was a fun hike with great company. And yes, I do have extremely white legs!

3 comments:

Ines said...

I heard that there were some pretty exciting things going on on this hike!! I can only imagine how the entire bishopbric fit into one tent... you guys just have too much fun together. cya around! -vanessa

Ines said...

I think you 3 planned it so you would have to spend the night in one tent, I have heard of being of one mind and purpose and "becoming one" but that might be stretching both the letter and spirit of the phrase!
- Chris

kelliemcc said...

Hey, enough about my cooking/baking! I am pretty sure there is some illegal substance in Monica's pumpkin cookies, those are sooooo good.